Light The Skies Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light The Skies Entertainment

LTS is a family of YT singers that aim to light the skies with their covers!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Find us at:
LTS 2nd Birthday
LTS All over the world!
Latest topics
» Admin: Lillie
[CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime30th June 2014, 19:44 by saranghaekpop99

» Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
[CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime28th June 2014, 15:42 by DustbinHugger

» Free recording programs for PC (Besides Audacity)
[CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime21st June 2014, 19:23 by TaYuMi

» Wonder Girls - Like This
[CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime7th May 2014, 14:01 by DustbinHugger

» Miss A - Touch
[CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime6th May 2014, 13:37 by DustbinHugger

» T-ARA - Number 9
[CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime6th April 2014, 04:57 by JoYounJi

» [Completed][Japanese]NewS- Towa Iro no Koi
[CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime3rd April 2014, 20:34 by LaurenLCD

» [CLOSED][MANDARIN] M4M - Sadness
[CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime19th January 2014, 02:23 by cpaylet

» Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?
[CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime14th January 2014, 06:17 by Alisha Amy-Jane

» [COMPLETED] [KOREAN] Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
[CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime10th January 2014, 12:40 by LaurenLCD

[CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ►

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pris

Pris

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2010-12-25

[CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► Empty
PostSubject: [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ►   [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime15th March 2012, 10:08

Hi guys, this is Tinsel. I hope to be of service by providing suggestions for improvements to your covers! :)

Singing experience wise, I was in the Choir for a while during my teen years.

Areas of specialization?
Chinese and Cantonese primarily, but I also do Korean, English and Japanese ballads

Your weaker areas?
Japanese anime and vocaloid

What make you qualified?
I'm not really qualified per se, but I focus on the overall enjoyability of each cover. In my opinion, enjoyable music is good music. Thus, I'm not strict about having all the notes identical to the original singer(s). I believe in leaving space to develop every cover.

Maximum request count : One at a time, other than that I trust that you guys will leave some space in between if others are also waiting for their responses.

TAKE NOTE:

1. I will be strict when I think you might be attempting to sound like the original singer, consciously or not. That is because I've heard many a great singers who attempt a group's song and their voices change with each group member. I find it a great pity because everyone's voice is unique, and having that habit sort of 'cheapens' your performance to some extent.

2. There will not be points/scores given unless requested specifically.

Please use this template to submit your covers for critique:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

Female Number of posts : 1116
Registration date : 2011-01-06

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ►   [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime15th March 2012, 20:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3C4eGfMqFc
Song Name : 五天幾年
Singer : Freya Lin
How critical I should be(choose one): Critical
Should I correct your pronunciation: If it's a big problem ~ If not, then you don't have to ^^

Thank you <3
Back to top Go down
Pris

Pris

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ►   [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime16th March 2012, 11:58

PiggyMelody wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3C4eGfMqFc
Song Name : 五天幾年
Singer : Freya Lin
Should I correct your pronunciation: If it's a big problem ~ If not, then you don't have to ^^

Thank you <3

Hi Melody, your critique will be out in a few days! ^^

Had some free time tonight so it's up here today.

Pronunciation first. I know if I really nitpick that's going to be rather unnecessary, and anyway there's only one part that is more obvious, that is your "h" sounds, as in "sh" or "ch". I'm pointing this out because I realised you seem to have some difficulty hitting the higher notes. This can be because of breathing techniques or pronunciation. Whereas the breathing technique might take some time to get right, I think getting the "h" sound right will help you in your singing right away because it opens up your mouth more. If will also be good if you can drop your mouth down a bit more instead of having them open more horizontally like you are doing now. More vertical and less horizontal. (I think it's great you have a video of you singing! Much easier for me :P)

Tune wise. I think it is overall quite okay for me, a bit different here and there, but I wasn't affected too much by it. Sometimes your voice wavers a bit at the longer notes, and looking at your video you don't seem to be breathing as deep as you can(about 2.05 and 2.23mins). To breathe in deeper, push out your diaphragm and try to not let your chest move as much when you inhale deeply. Always inhale before you sing each line, as much air as you can within the time you have between each line. Try to let your diaphragm do all the work. If you want to practice, you can breathe in deeply and then say "sss, sss, sss" sounds. They should be short/curt/staccato and pushed out through the action of your diaphragm if you do it correctly. If you breathe in more, I'm sure you would be able to do the line from 2.50-2.57(and other similar lines) in one breath.

Feelings wise, I thought you nailed it quite well. Your voice suits this song and I enjoyed it quite a lot.

Hope I have been helpful Melody, and thanks for giving me my first request! gaming
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

Female Number of posts : 1116
Registration date : 2011-01-06

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ►   [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime16th March 2012, 23:20

tinselrella wrote:

"h" sounds, as in "sh" or "ch"... More vertical and less horizontal.
Hope I have been helpful Melody, and thanks for giving me my first request! gaming
Yes, those parts ~ Ying mentioned it to me. I guess it's a very obvious problem. xDD
& More vertical ; less horizontal .. my choir teacher just mentioned this to me today, ahaha. (x
You've been very helpful~ Thank you <3 Mihn
Back to top Go down
AnihJourney
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
AnihJourney

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ►   [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime17th March 2012, 20:31

Song Name: Won't back down
Singer: Tyler Hilton (original = Tom Petty)
How critical I should be : Critical

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Pris

Pris

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ►   [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime4th April 2012, 13:28

Hi Anih, I've actually been listening to your cover and the original for a few times but I can't give you any suggestions to improve, literally. This is an acoustic version and you have done great with respect to the vocal range, and you are very much in tune too.

I haven't been very helpful really :x But if you want to pick out another cover, I can give it a try too.
Back to top Go down
Rie
LTS Snowflake
LTS Snowflake
Rie

Female Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ►   [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime4th April 2012, 15:06

Song Name: UFO
Singer/Which part you are singing if in a collab: Stellar
Should I correct your pronunciation(for Chinese songs): -

Back to top Go down
jiroSHExfilesTATU
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
jiroSHExfilesTATU

Female Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ►   [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime15th May 2012, 08:11

Song Name : Bad Girl Good Girl
Singer : miss A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKs87pH8cys
Back to top Go down
cloudymelody
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
cloudymelody

Female Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2012-05-01

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ►   [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime16th May 2012, 11:43

Song Name: Nagging
Singer: IU
Should I correct your pronunciation(for Chinese songs): Not Chinese.

Back to top Go down
Kitkat
LTS Raindrop
LTS Raindrop
Kitkat

Female Number of posts : 4753
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ►   [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime26th June 2012, 12:09

ranmahaha

Girlies, Prici's center is closed for the moment^^

Wait she'll open before submitting your works ^__^
Back to top Go down
Pris

Pris

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ►   [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime26th June 2012, 12:24

Hi Rie, jiroSHExfilesTATU and cloudymelody:

I am very sorry for the late response! I'll complete all your requests by this weekend, since some of the songs I've heard before so it shouldn't be too hard.

My apologies again, and thanks for waiting :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ►   [CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ► I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] ♫ Tinsel's Critic Place ►

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1