Light The Skies Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light The Skies Entertainment

LTS is a family of YT singers that aim to light the skies with their covers!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Find us at:
LTS 2nd Birthday
LTS All over the world!
Latest topics
» Admin: Lillie
Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime30th June 2014, 19:44 by saranghaekpop99

» Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime28th June 2014, 15:42 by DustbinHugger

» Free recording programs for PC (Besides Audacity)
Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime21st June 2014, 19:23 by TaYuMi

» Wonder Girls - Like This
Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime7th May 2014, 14:01 by DustbinHugger

» Miss A - Touch
Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime6th May 2014, 13:37 by DustbinHugger

» T-ARA - Number 9
Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime6th April 2014, 04:57 by JoYounJi

» [Completed][Japanese]NewS- Towa Iro no Koi
Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime3rd April 2014, 20:34 by LaurenLCD

» [CLOSED][MANDARIN] M4M - Sadness
Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime19th January 2014, 02:23 by cpaylet

» Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?
Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime14th January 2014, 06:17 by Alisha Amy-Jane

» [COMPLETED] [KOREAN] Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime10th January 2014, 12:40 by LaurenLCD

Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alisha Amy-Jane
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
Alisha Amy-Jane

Female Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  Empty
PostSubject: Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?    Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime4th January 2014, 19:26

Hello everyone~ 
Recently, I decided that I want to start producing my own online magazine focused only on Japanese culture. It'll be quite a girly 'kawaii'-ish thing, focused on fashion and music mainly...

I know what I want to feature, I even have interviews lined up...
The only problem is, I can't think of a name for it T-T

If anyone has any name ideas that are relevant to the magazine and they want to share them... I'm in serious need of help xD
Back to top Go down
TaYuMi
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
TaYuMi

Female Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: More information please?    Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime12th January 2014, 09:14

Since the magazine is girly cute, these names are more direct it includes the overall topic of the magazine itself.

Kawaii Culture

C.C~ (standing for Cute Culture and the tilde, namidashu, wave line, etc. is part of the title)

A Girl's Cuteness 

A.G.C (Abbreviated version of what's above) 

Due to the type of content that the magazine is going to be about. The titles below uses elements of the content within itself. Since the content is girly  cute fashion and music. The elements I personally think is girly cute along with involving fashion and music is the Lolita fashion and a lot of popular idol groups/artists. (Pop=popular, which is I believe what J-pop means, Popular Japanese music.)

Lolita Pop Magazine? 

LoliPop <--- Loli=Lolita,  Pop=J-pop

Shoujo <---young girl

Kawaii no Shoujo <--- Girl of cute 

Titles below is everything above but instead of the titles being in English or Romanized Japanese, it's in Japanese itself.

少女 <---Young Woman (In my opinion Shoujo has more than one meaning, Little girl, little woman, young girl and young woman. For this one the Young Woman I think can be used to refer to the demographics that you are aiming towards for the magazine. Maybe it'll be helpful)

かわいいの少女 <--Young woman of cute

===========================================
Trying to use spoilers to make everything a bit less intimidating and easier to swallow~

More info? Original kind of long version in spoiler:

Spoiler:

TL;DR version within spoilers below

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Alisha Amy-Jane
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
Alisha Amy-Jane

PostSubject: Re: Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?    Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime12th January 2014, 17:43

Wau~ That's a lotta text haha, but thank-you it's something to think about. In terms of answering those questions, I'll respond with the corresponding numbers you gave...

1. The focus of my magazine is to give information about the latest 'cutesy' trends in Japan for those who are fans of the styles but are not Japanese and so have no direct way to follow he styles, I want to do this in as much of a fun way as possible. Of course, I don't want the entire magazine to be about one thing, so I'll be including a monthly J-Pop/idol music chart, just to mix it up a bit.

2. In terms of content, I'll be including:
Music-wise - J-pop (male and female) along with female idol groups such as AKB48. Kyarypamyupamyu will also have a large focus in the magazine as I find her to be quite influential not only in terms of music but also with her fashion pioneering as well.  

3. Fashion-wise - Gyaru, Sweet Lolita, 'creepy kawaii', Decora and Fairy-kei.
With these fashion styles, I plan to show how the styles have evolved, as well as promoting re-using looks from the past, for example, in Sweet Lolita, 'Angelic Pretty's 'Sugary Carnival' print was once super popular but now it's rarely used, it'd be nice to see it make comeback. 

4.My goal is to help fans of certain Japanese styles/music as listed above to be able to follow trends and new releases, as well as giving tutorials, interviews, etc.

5. Pastel colours are my colour theme, as they relate to the styles featured in my magazine. 

6. I think my audience is definitely teens and older teens, not that I'd have a problem with people outside of those ranges reading the magazine of course. 

Again, thank you for taking the time to type all of that ~
Back to top Go down
TaYuMi
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
TaYuMi

Female Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?    Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime12th January 2014, 23:15

And thank you for reading~ I got more ideas. 

Bloody Candy <---Sweet Lolita, Decora, Fairy Kei makes me think of sugar hence the candy. The 'creepy kawaii' makes me think of Bloody Mary both the ghost and the beverage hence the bloody. 
When I see this title I think of a logo that consists of a pastel colored (at least 2 different colors, like a light pink for the tomato and a light blue for the leaves) sugared tomato candy (that's pretty much a gumdrop in the same of a tomato). The tomato has a cute looking face with clips at the top of it's "head" and clipping parts of it's "hair" (the leaves) this pretty much stands for the decora I think. With elements of Fairy-kei being in the background of the gumdrop tomato character. Or just mix all what I said above up. 

Concept art:
^ Yes I drew this. I don't really know a whole lot about decora or fairy-kei fashion. I'm more of a gyaru, classic and casual lolita kind of person. Which is why I didn't purposefully try to add any clips for decora or anything Fairy-keiish. [Though I have a feeling the colors of the tomatoes (that I didn't even bother to try look like gumdrops or shadowing, etc.) are Fairy-keiish...]

Ai Candy <-- Love candy. I don't know why but especially decora and fairy kei make me think of candy. This title is a bit punny because it sounds like "Eye candy" me personally I find the Japanese fashion Decora, Sweet lolita and Fairy kei if done right like eye candy. A cute faced bleeding heart in pastel color (with the blood being a different color) that has a rose pattern similar to the ones that pops up in Liz Lisa products, photos, etc. with a candy shaped bow comes to my mind when I see this title. 

The  Liz Lisa rose pattern (it's in the background): http://alicechan9.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/8/3/12836565/5059644_orig.jpg

Sugar Latte <--- For some reason when I see Liz lisa clothes (brand clothes could be described as gyaru style inf my memory is correct) I think of coffee shops. The ones with the warm, light, relaxing atmosphere. Which explains the latte part of the title it also fits with the older teen audience I think. The sugar is for the younger audience plus what I said before fairy-kei and decora makes me think of candy.

Latte Parfait 

Dolly or Dollie

Midnight Carnival <--I have a feeling this is a bit too dark though.

Candy Carmelvial <-- I know there's different ways to say carmel (I usually say: care mell) In this title it's prounounced CAR as in the vehicle car and mell. The "vial" is taken from the last parts of carnival. It's also punny.

Baby's Sweet Halloween 

Baby's Sweet Ghost

Baby's Sweet Hospital <--- I'm thinking of a cute but scary hospital with candies all over it. 

Baby's Sweet Ghost Hospital <---

Lacey Hospital <---Lace is girly, hospital is from creepy kawaii. I see this and think of Guro Lolita. (Then I think of Kyary Pamyu pamyu no offense but her videos go from cute to borderline creepy. Or her pictures are cute yet a bit creepy.
 Like this picture: http://www.kawaiistudyjapan.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/kyary-pamyu-pamyu-cherry-bon-bon.jpg
Or those eyeballs in "Pon pon pon",  the moon with the mouth at the beginning of "Fashion Monster", (or the entire video of fashion monster)
Apparently even said so herself she does this. "I love grotesque things. My concept is scary things that become traumatic with their cuteness. There are so many 'just cute' things in the world, so I add grotesque, scary and even shocking materials like eyeballs and brains to balance out the cuteness." Kyary Pamyu Pamyu; interview with The Fader

Sugar Blood~   

Lacey Liver

Sweet Fashion and Bleeding Music

Crimson Doll

Wonderland's sweet nightmare

Crimson Candy drop

Another wordy post, sorries~ I'm a wordy person. ^^'
Back to top Go down
Alisha Amy-Jane
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
Alisha Amy-Jane

PostSubject: Re: Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?    Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime14th January 2014, 06:17

Ah, thank-you so much for coming up with so many ideas~! 
Those tomatoes are really cute xD
I'm definitely thinking about your tomato idea haha~ The drawings have stolen my heart...
Plus it's something that hasn't been seen before, tomato-theme x3

Thanks so much for all your help, it's been very useful >.<
I would've crashed and burned without name ideas..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?    Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1