Light The Skies Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light The Skies Entertainment

LTS is a family of YT singers that aim to light the skies with their covers!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Find us at:
LTS 2nd Birthday
LTS All over the world!
Latest topics
» Admin: Lillie
[CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime30th June 2014, 19:44 by saranghaekpop99

» Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
[CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime28th June 2014, 15:42 by DustbinHugger

» Free recording programs for PC (Besides Audacity)
[CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime21st June 2014, 19:23 by TaYuMi

» Wonder Girls - Like This
[CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime7th May 2014, 14:01 by DustbinHugger

» Miss A - Touch
[CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime6th May 2014, 13:37 by DustbinHugger

» T-ARA - Number 9
[CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime6th April 2014, 04:57 by JoYounJi

» [Completed][Japanese]NewS- Towa Iro no Koi
[CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime3rd April 2014, 20:34 by LaurenLCD

» [CLOSED][MANDARIN] M4M - Sadness
[CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime19th January 2014, 02:23 by cpaylet

» Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?
[CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime14th January 2014, 06:17 by Alisha Amy-Jane

» [COMPLETED] [KOREAN] Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
[CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime10th January 2014, 12:40 by LaurenLCD

[CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

Female Number of posts : 1116
Registration date : 2011-01-06

[CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  Empty
PostSubject: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime12th March 2012, 02:14

Hello!(=
When I criticize people, I am not afraid to unleash the mean side of me. Therefore, if you're not prepared to be judged harshly and coldly, please don't submit a cover. I don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt because of me!
My short Music Understanding!
I've been singing in my school choir for 3 years now. I took piano lessons when I was 6 and stopped when I was 8 because of money problems. I have little understanding in instruments, almost none. However, I can totally tell when you're off pitch and time. So, that's my short music history!
Requirements for My Critique!
- Solo and duet covers only! No collaborations of any sort at all!
- No mediafire or 4shared links, only Youtube and Box!
- Maximum of 2 links per post for each person!
- Only Chinese, Korean, and English covers! (I won't be able to criticize pronunciation for Korean, sorry!)

Rating Type!
- 0% to 100%
- 1 to 10
- 1 to 5
- Horrible/Bad/Average/Good/Excellent/Perfect

Critic Form!
Song :
Artist :
Language :
Link :
Rating Type :

Song Challenges!
Korean
Spoiler:
Chinese
Spoiler:
English
Spoiler:
They Deserve Bacon!
-Top 3 Covers that I have reviewed-
jiroSHExfliesTATU/Hello To Myself/97%

AnihJourney/I know/98%

JasmineMarshiana/Twinkle/98%

Last edited by PiggyMelody on 15th October 2012, 01:03; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
AnihJourney
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
AnihJourney

Female Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime12th March 2012, 21:12

Hi Melo <3

Song : I won't back down
Artist : Tom Petty
Language : English (yes it's in English lol)
Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAx3OxXlOlw
Rating : 0 to 100%

Thanks =)
A second one =)

Song : When I say nothing at all
Artist : Ronan Keating
Language : English (yes it's in English lol 2 --")
Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JsCARc29AY&feature=watch_response
Rating : 0 to 100%

<3 Thanks to be very hard with me. I want to cry =))
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime13th March 2012, 01:03

@AnihJourney
Won't Back Down - Tom Petty :
You know this is a perfect cover, Anih. Why do you still need critique...? (x
I've replayed this video 4-5 times looking for something to judge you about. Found nothing, really.
Anyway, some of your words are not very clear. If I wasn't looking at the lyrics, I wouldn't be able to understand what you were singing. 0:54 - 0:57 ; that line sounds like you're closing your mouth and singing. It looks like you're very stiff o_O probably because of the way you're positioned + holding the guitar. Usually, that would affect the way you're singing, but it looks to me like it's not bothering you, heh.
At some parts, it feels like you're using too much stress because it is very obvious that after you finished, your body totally relaxed. RELAX ANIH!
Rating : 90%

When I say nothing at all - Ronan Keating
2:03 - 2:05 : Like the 'Won't Back Down' video, your mouth is 'closed', the words coming out aren't clear enough. Some of the pitches aren't reach EXACTLY correct, maybe 10% off pitch. Just that one little part doesn't match to the guitar tune. Which is pretty amazing how you can reach perfect pitch~ I really can't say much about this, it's like perfect. I really love the way you take in breaths in between. ^^
Rating : 85%

Last edited by PiggyMelody on 17th April 2012, 01:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AnihJourney
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
AnihJourney

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime13th March 2012, 01:18

@PiggyMelody

[CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  1209633566 I wanted to cry and shout on my family =) But you're so nice that my cheeks ache because I'm so smiling =)
You're so nice, that's why I am loving you so much.
Won't back down : 0:54 to 0:57 =» I really hear the right lyrics.. maybe because I know them =) But often I say «Hey ey ey» instead of «Hey ey I» =) I recorded many times before, because of lyrics, or the guitar =)
o.O I listened again 0:54 to 0:57... yes I don't hear the «out» =) it's like «aww» =)
OMG I'm listening the rest of the song and other words are eaten too =)
When you say nothing at all : you're right, I compeltely don't understand what word could it be =)
So next time, I need a french accent more present to enunciate all the letters =)
Back to top Go down
Shiori
Rainbow
Rainbow
Shiori

Female Number of posts : 896
Location : Where the polar bears roam and beavers chomp and igloos reside~! Come ski with me in July ;D
Registration date : 2012-03-02

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime13th March 2012, 01:31

Song : 我们就到这
Artist : FISH
Language : Mandarin Chinese
Link : http://www.box.com/s/dtdr3e62nnjro8rvjzfp
Rating Type : 0% - 100%

Song : 如果的事
Artist : 范玮琪,张韶涵
Language : Mandarin Chinese
Link : http://www.box.com/s/olugu5kkxqhgk3lntvz2
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime13th March 2012, 02:19

@Shiori
我们就到这 - Fish Leong
:

0:26 ; 1:16 - very very obvious wrong notes
It sounds like you're holding your voice in most of the time.
I can feel your emotion when singing, it's really beautiful and I think that this type of song needs emotion to be shown. However, sometimes I think that you are trying TOO hard to display the emotion. From my perspective, you are displaying emotion by stressing on some of the words and changing volume. You are using too much stress, more stress than needed. That causes the opposite effect instead of showing emotion.
However, The changing volume trick is done wonderfully. ;) Pronunciation is sometimes off, but not a very big problem.
Rating : 82% Keep Practicing! This is a very nice score!

如果的事 - 范玮琪,张韶涵 :
1:07 ; 1:12 ; 1:33 = wrong notes
Only 1 out of the 4 high notes were sung on pitch. (Or as I heard)
-Too Much stress
-Not breathing enough
But, I can clearly hear that your pronunciation is this one is better than the Fish cover above. The emotion is expressed nicely, not overdone. ^^
Rating : 79% Most of your points are deducted because of pitch problems.

Last edited by PiggyMelody on 21st August 2012, 20:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AnihJourney
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
AnihJourney

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime24th March 2012, 05:45

Song : Listen to your heart
Artist : DHT / Roxette
Language : English
Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uMLEwgRKTM
Rating Type : 0 to 100% =)

Song : Price Tag
Artist : Jessie j
Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnA0V8k_f_I
Rating Type : 0 to 100%

Thanks Melo <3
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime25th March 2012, 20:41

@Anih
Listen to your heart - DHT / Roxette :

Woot! awesome cover. (: some words aren't very clear and are "grouped together" . just a little pronunciation problem, you'll get over it by singing more english songs. But as I listen to more and more of your english covers, i find that this "problem" becomes "your style". So I guess that this is a good thing now that you have your own style of singing english songs but sometimes it would be better to be clearer. I love your high notes 2:00 ! <3 I like your "Mhm" at 3:56 ! It's so good and not overdone. :D
Rating : 98%

Price Tag - Jessie J
your english singing style! Some parts are slightly off pitch . & words unclear like 1:38/1:39. When you started off, it sounded like you were cracking or not ready. I like your "woah"s at the end. ^^ great job ~
Back to top Go down
Rie
LTS Snowflake
LTS Snowflake
Rie

Female Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime25th March 2012, 22:53

Song : UFO and Diamond
Artist :Stellar and SNSD
Language : Korean
Link :

Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime25th March 2012, 23:44

@Rie
UFO - Stellar :

You mixed this very well :D Some of the long notes end abruptly and not held to the max.
Other than that, it's a very good cover. ^^ I love 2:48 to 2:59 ! I love how you change the style a little for each member. ~
Rating : 93%

Diamond - SNSD :
The mixing is slightly off. I like the emotion that you put into this cover! You can totally feel it. ^^
It sounds like you cracked a little at 1:47. The bridge is so awesome!!!! You ended really goodly, emphasizing each syllable/letter/word. :D
Back to top Go down
Rie
LTS Snowflake
LTS Snowflake
Rie

Female Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime26th March 2012, 00:19

PiggyMelody wrote:
@Rie
UFO - Stellar :

You mixed this very well :D Some of the long notes end abruptly and not held to the max.
Other than that, it's a very good cover. ^^ I love 2:48 to 2:59 ! I love how you change the style a little for each member. ~
Rating : 93%

Diamond - SNSD :
The mixing is slightly off. I like the emotion that you put into this cover! You can totally feel it. ^^
It sounds like you cracked a little at 1:47. The bridge is so awesome!!!! You ended really goodly, emphasizing each syllable/letter/word. :D

Thanks for the critic!! :3 and thanks for the bacon..lol xD
Back to top Go down
AnihJourney
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
AnihJourney

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime11th May 2012, 03:37

Song : Summer Medley 2011
Artist : Sam Tsui
Link :
Rating : % :D

Last edited by AnihJourney on 11th May 2012, 14:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jiroSHExfilesTATU
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
jiroSHExfilesTATU

Female Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime11th May 2012, 07:35

Song : Hello to Myself
Artist : Yenny ( Wonder Girls )
Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adHovNxnMfA
Rating Type : 0 - 100%
Back to top Go down
JasmineMarshiana
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
JasmineMarshiana

Female Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2011-11-17

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime20th June 2012, 02:21

Song: twinkle
Artist: TTS
Link: http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=HK#/watch?v=WQxIKvnNy7M
Rate: percentage
Back to top Go down
Shiori
Rainbow
Rainbow
Shiori

Location : Where the polar bears roam and beavers chomp and igloos reside~! Come ski with me in July ;D

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime21st June 2012, 00:30

Song : Because I'm a Woman
Artist : IU
Link : see video in siggy XD
Rating Type : percentage
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime21st June 2012, 01:15

GUYS !! Can't you see the title ??? IT'S CLOSED!!

Anyways, I'll get it to all of you latest in August ^~^
& for future ones, it's closed for now ~ Sorry ~ D:
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime21st June 2012, 05:23

@Anih
Summer Medley 2011
:

First off, I have to say that you sang really well ^^ Didn't find much pitch problems, as you're always on pitch anyways :DD
Next, I think you should've chosen something more '2012' , as this is the 2011 hit songs .. ^^ just my opinion .. maybe you could've created your own playlist ~ just some suggestions straight from the heart... since this is the 2011 medley, it would've been more popular if you covered this last year ~

Your english pronunciation in here is awesome! I can actually understand it, haha. Better than those english you showed me before ~ ^^ Great job on improvement! I still hear some stuttering here and there .. but it's good enough. ^^

I think you should've put more emotion (as in enthusiasm) in here .. kinda bored me out in the middle \: If I didn't have to critique this, I wouldn't have listened to the end ..
Also, you should put 'more of your own style' ~
Overall, awesome job ! :D

Rating : 94 %
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime21st June 2012, 05:38

@Erin
Hello To Myself - Yenny

thank god I watched Dream High 2 so I know how the song sounds like, lol. I hate criticizing songs I never even heard of. x) especially korean ...
Anyways, really good singing!! it just sounded like your voice 'cracked' or 'went out' at some points... i guess, you could call it 'strained'.
but I think it's a personal style .. if you don't do it too much. ~ kind of like Hyorin's personal singing style .. You're one of those naturally GIFTED/TALENTED singers .. like Jasmine & Anih .. really unfair to others like me >//< LOOL
Nothing bad I can really say about this .. Mixing ? a little off at one point .. ^^ Acapella would've shown the judges your true talent :D

Anyways, great job ~

Rating : 97%
Back to top Go down
jiroSHExfilesTATU
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
jiroSHExfilesTATU

Female Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime21st June 2012, 12:09

PiggyMelody wrote:
@Erin
Hello To Myself - Yenny

thank god I watched Dream High 2 so I know how the song sounds like, lol. I hate criticizing songs I never even heard of. x) especially korean ...
Anyways, really good singing!! it just sounded like your voice 'cracked' or 'went out' at some points... i guess, you could call it 'strained'.
but I think it's a personal style .. if you don't do it too much. ~ kind of like Hyorin's personal singing style .. You're one of those naturally GIFTED/TALENTED singers .. like Jasmine & Anih .. really unfair to others like me >//< LOOL
Nothing bad I can really say about this .. Mixing ? a little off at one point .. ^^ Acapella would've shown the judges your true talent :D

Anyways, great job ~

omo! thanks, melody! you can be a good singer, too... we just don't know how to correctly train ourselves.. T_T
i think the mixed one could have hidden my flaws, just like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWhfHzxmwpk they mixed it for me ... kekeke....
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime21st June 2012, 15:28

@Jasmine :
Twinkle - TTS

Wow, here comes the queen of perfection .. why even bother to step here? you're all perfect already admires

VERY NICE adlibs ~ nice emotion ..
some "yeah~" aren't really 到位 . not enough Feel yet.
Mixing is average, maybe too many effects?

Awesome Job!
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime7th July 2012, 06:36

@Shiori :
Because I'm A women - IU

First of all, love the emotion :))
I like the low notes .. but high notes - not so much .. your high notes are very shaky
Lots of off pitch problems .. Sometimes, you breath at wrong times & that cuts off the singing ..
If that happens the first time you record, just record a second time & take a more deeper breath ~ Also, some weird transitions from low to high notes .. but i love the emotion & the low notes !
Good job ~

Rating : 77%
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, Critique now open again ! ^^
Back to top Go down
Shiori
Rainbow
Rainbow
Shiori

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime7th July 2012, 13:21

Thanks Melody! Here's another one XD

Song: My Immortal
Artist: Evanescence
Language: English
Link: https://www.box.com/shared/df632905a4eadc19e821
Rating type: percent

Last edited by Shiori on 7th July 2012, 19:46; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
AnihJourney
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
AnihJourney

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime7th July 2012, 14:25

Song : Banmal Song
Artist : YongHwa
Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIooloi1aE8

Song : I know
Artist : Irma
Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnwkAG9xF5k

Thanks
Back to top Go down
JasmineMarshiana
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
JasmineMarshiana

Female Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2011-11-17

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime11th August 2012, 03:37

Song : 忘了
Artist : Rainie Yang
Language : Mandarin
Link :

Back to top Go down
cloudymelody
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
cloudymelody

Female Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2012-05-01

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime15th August 2012, 10:59

Song: Who You Are To Me
Artist: Hyorin
Language: Korean
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime21st August 2012, 20:15

@Shiori :
My Immortal - Evanescence

good start, 0:29 - 0:39 = awesome! love the emotion
"time cannot erase" sounds a little weird, scooped too much - 1st chorus
"all of these years" weird, and a little off tune - 1st chorus
good job on "All of me" @ 1:18
nice 2nd verse the "time cannot erase" is better
"held your hand" sounds weird, scooped/off tune - 2nd chorus
the bridge is bad
i like the last "all of me" in the last chorus. but all your choruses seem to sound the same, maybe improvise a little to give it all a different touch (:
overall, the emotion is very nice held together.

Rating : 82% this is one of your better covers ^^
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime21st August 2012, 20:35

@ Anih
Banmal Song - YongHwa

so beautiful *-*
didn't catch any wrong notes, i love the 'saranghae' at 1:09!
work a little more on the pronunciation..
the singing and guitar is great, work on the visual effect you're giving to your audience.(:

I know- Irma
nice harmonies :)
i like the video, haha. work on the pronunciation , some words aren't clearly understood for me.
nice harmonies for 1:07 to 1:10, great job!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon    [CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED]Piggy's Critic with Bacon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1