Light The Skies Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light The Skies Entertainment

LTS is a family of YT singers that aim to light the skies with their covers!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Find us at:
LTS 2nd Birthday
LTS All over the world!
Latest topics
» Admin: Lillie
[GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime30th June 2014, 19:44 by saranghaekpop99

» Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
[GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime28th June 2014, 15:42 by DustbinHugger

» Free recording programs for PC (Besides Audacity)
[GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime21st June 2014, 19:23 by TaYuMi

» Wonder Girls - Like This
[GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime7th May 2014, 14:01 by DustbinHugger

» Miss A - Touch
[GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime6th May 2014, 13:37 by DustbinHugger

» T-ARA - Number 9
[GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime6th April 2014, 04:57 by JoYounJi

» [Completed][Japanese]NewS- Towa Iro no Koi
[GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime3rd April 2014, 20:34 by LaurenLCD

» [CLOSED][MANDARIN] M4M - Sadness
[GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime19th January 2014, 02:23 by cpaylet

» Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?
[GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime14th January 2014, 06:17 by Alisha Amy-Jane

» [COMPLETED] [KOREAN] Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
[GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime10th January 2014, 12:40 by LaurenLCD

[GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skye
Rainbow
Rainbow
Skye

Female Number of posts : 8658
Registration date : 2010-07-27

[GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section Empty
PostSubject: [GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section   [GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime28th June 2012, 04:21

This is a guideline for all collabs held at LTS that are NON-AUDITION.
(meaning this applies to all collabs in THESE sections)

We understand that initiators and managers want to produce the best quality of collabs as they can, but there are lines to be drawn between acceptable and overly-strict expectations for coverists here. Because this is no auditions and open to a wider audience, it's expected that not all coverists will have the vocal ability or recording equipment to produce professional/quality recordings for collabs. The very basis of the opened collabs corner was built upon the belief that all people can sing here, so we have devised a list of Do's and Don'ts for collab requirements. Special thanks to Lauren ^^!

Do's for collab requirements:
Asking for decent pronunciation/enunciation
Asking for emotion
Asking for decent mic quality
Asking that vocals be sung without laziness (hard plosives making static), timed, separated, and unprocessed
Asking that the vocals be able to hit the right notes and rappers be able to deliver their parts fluidly to the best of their abilities

Don'ts for collab requirements:
Asking for pronunciation that suggests fluency in a given language
Asking for professional, brand name mics
Not stating the requirements of vocals being timed, separated, etc. or requiring processing that may be beyond the skill level or VST plugin availability of the singer
Requiring vocal samples in an open collaboration setting which suggests an elimination or being given a part based on that vocal sample instead of what the vocalist desires

Because we want the open collab corner to be literally open to as many people as possible, we hope that all collabs would be understandably lenient. If you as an initiator still want to strive for a quality collab, feel free to open a flexible song audition HERE, where stricter and more demanding requirements are accepted^^!

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

Female Number of posts : 1116
Registration date : 2011-01-06

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section   [GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime28th June 2012, 04:32

"Asking for pronunciation that suggests fluency in a given language"
What does that mean? o.o
Back to top Go down
Kitkat
LTS Raindrop
LTS Raindrop
Kitkat

Female Number of posts : 4753
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section   [GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime28th June 2012, 05:07

Melody this means you should have a decent pronunciation, not a high tech academic pronunciation and fluency, of course^^
Back to top Go down
Skye
Rainbow
Rainbow
Skye

Female Number of posts : 8658
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section   [GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime28th June 2012, 05:39

Kitkat's right. It means you don;t have to actually know the language inside out as well as a native speaker as long as you try your best to make out the pronunciations. So things like having an accent is alright x]
Back to top Go down
LaurenLCD
Rainbow
Rainbow
LaurenLCD

Female Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section   [GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime28th June 2012, 05:49

What they said. ^^ Some members here (including myself) aren't Asian, and/or we grew up speaking nothing but non-Asiatic languages (if we're even bi-lingual). For the open auditions, it wouldn't be fair to expect perfection when the reason some of us sing and listen to music in a language not our own is to learn how to pronounce things (if we're genuinely trying to learn a language from the writing system to the grammar, etc.).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section   [GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[GUIDELINES] Collab Requirements in Open Collabs Section

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1