Light The Skies Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light The Skies Entertainment

LTS is a family of YT singers that aim to light the skies with their covers!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Find us at:
LTS 2nd Birthday
LTS All over the world!
Latest topics
» Admin: Lillie
[CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime30th June 2014, 19:44 by saranghaekpop99

» Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
[CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime28th June 2014, 15:42 by DustbinHugger

» Free recording programs for PC (Besides Audacity)
[CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime21st June 2014, 19:23 by TaYuMi

» Wonder Girls - Like This
[CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime7th May 2014, 14:01 by DustbinHugger

» Miss A - Touch
[CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime6th May 2014, 13:37 by DustbinHugger

» T-ARA - Number 9
[CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime6th April 2014, 04:57 by JoYounJi

» [Completed][Japanese]NewS- Towa Iro no Koi
[CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime3rd April 2014, 20:34 by LaurenLCD

» [CLOSED][MANDARIN] M4M - Sadness
[CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime19th January 2014, 02:23 by cpaylet

» Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?
[CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime14th January 2014, 06:17 by Alisha Amy-Jane

» [COMPLETED] [KOREAN] Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
[CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime10th January 2014, 12:40 by LaurenLCD

[CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shiori
Rainbow
Rainbow
Shiori

Female Number of posts : 896
Location : Where the polar bears roam and beavers chomp and igloos reside~! Come ski with me in July ;D
Registration date : 2012-03-02

[CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique Empty
PostSubject: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime16th May 2012, 03:07

Hey, this is Shiori, and I thought I'd open up my own little critique corner here as well.
I've been singing for about a year now, so I'm still "green" so to speak. However, I've played piano since I was 7, and since then I've also been trained in violin, guzheng (Chinese piano lol), flute, and self-taught guitar. I also compose my own original songs, though most of those are instrumental tunes, I've only got 2 songs with vocals in them XD;; I consider myself very musically talented (*gasp* the narcissism!), though I admit I'm not much of a vocalist.

My strengths are... I have a good ear, having scored high marks in all my ear training sections of various music examinations. I can critique any genre and language, though I will only be able to comment on the pronunciation of Chinese, English, and Japanese covers.

Unlike the other critics who pride themselves on being super-harsh, I'm more... actually honest? As in, I won't nitpick you for mispronouncing one syllable or singing one note off-tune, because let's face it, unless you're submitting this recording for some official vocal examination, no one cares. If the voice is gorgeous and the overall sound is great and enjoyable to listen to, no one's going to freak out about that one syllable of mispronunciation, and I'm certainly not going to dock you 50 points for it >A>

So my style of critique is... I'm not going to sprain my ears on your cover trying to find as many "mistakes" as I can. I'm going to just listen normally, and if I hear anything that needs working on, I'll let you know. (We're talking tone quality, obvious off-tune singing, incorrect harmonization, timing, etc.) As for those "mistakes" you can't hear unless you're spraining your ears looking for it... chances are, either no one's going to hear them, or no one's going to care.

Posting limit... One request per person at a time. Only one post per every 10 people, (in order to give others a chance to get critique) or if 2 weeks have passed, whichever comes first. In collaborations of more than two people, lyric distribution must be provided. In the case of duets, please let me know which voice belongs to whom (eg. first singer is, second singer is). Also indicate which people I'm critiquing in collabs.

Submission form... nothing specific, song name and artist, then post your cover

Last edited by Shiori on 2nd July 2012, 16:31; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

Female Number of posts : 1116
Registration date : 2011-01-06

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime16th May 2012, 03:17

All happy - AFU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukK6JNWUUDo
(Down in my signature too)
Thanks shiori (:

EDIT : OMGOMGOGMGOMGOGMGOMGG. YOU PLAY THE GU-ZHENG TOO!?!?!?!? omg, this is so cool. xD High five. ~ me too :3
Back to top Go down
Shiori
Rainbow
Rainbow
Shiori

Location : Where the polar bears roam and beavers chomp and igloos reside~! Come ski with me in July ;D

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime16th May 2012, 04:32

PiggyMelody wrote:
All happy - AFU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukK6JNWUUDo
(Down in my signature too)
Thanks shiori (:

EDIT : OMGOMGOGMGOMGOGMGOMGG. YOU PLAY THE GU-ZHENG TOO!?!?!?!? omg, this is so cool. xD High five. ~ me too :3

Melody your voice is just too cute *A*
However, you need to work on pitching, as your pitch wavers quite a lot. You rarely truly go off tune, yet there were a lot of parts where I couldn't say you were 100% on pitch either.

Also, try singing with your full voice, more power. Your voice is very soft and sweet, which is perfectly fine, but it doesn't sound like you're singing with your full voice, you're holding back. Try lessening the tension in your neck/jaw area and dropping your jaw more, and just letting the sound flow out.

Another thing is high notes. I'm not sure if this is because they are out of your range, or because you're nervous about hitting them, but they sound very very strained.

Try practicing your range and your pitching by singing scales, you can do this with a piano if you have one at home, or look up youtube vids of scales exercises~

Overall Scores~
Tone Quality: 80%
Pitch/Tuning: 75%
Harmonization: 90%
Vocal Range: 60%
Emotion: 70%

And... WOOT GU-ZHENG PLAYERS!!
Back to top Go down
Lena
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
Lena

Female Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime16th May 2012, 07:18

Baby Steps (English Version)
Varsity/Tae-Ti-Seo

Back to top Go down
cloudymelody
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
cloudymelody

Female Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2012-05-01

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime16th May 2012, 11:44

Name of song: Nagging
Singer: IU ft. Seulong

Last edited by cloudymelody on 17th May 2012, 04:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cafelatte
Rising star
Rising star

Female Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime16th May 2012, 16:05

Name : RiceCakeKpop
Singer : TaeTiSeo
Song : Twinkle

Back to top Go down
Shiori
Rainbow
Rainbow
Shiori

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime16th May 2012, 21:32

Lena wrote:
Varsity/Tae-Ti-Seo

I like your voice, it's very solid and clear. However, you also have some minor pitching issues, similar to Melody's. You rarely truly go off tune, but there's a lot of parts where your pitch wavers.
You should also work on developing a more mature tone quality. However, that only comes with more practice, just keep singing -w-)b
Your high notes also sound very strained, and some of them hoarse/raspy.
Range and pitch can be practiced by singing scales, which you can do with a piano if you have one at home, or look up youtube vids of scales exercises :3

Overall Scores~
Pitch/Tuning: 80%
Harmonization/Ad-libbing: 70%
Vocal Range: 70%
Emotion: 50%
Back to top Go down
Shiori
Rainbow
Rainbow
Shiori

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime16th May 2012, 21:40

cloudymelody wrote:

You have a really clear voice, it's pretty :0
Like the others before you, pitching problems. You have a nice range and you can hit the higher notes relatively easily, but you do have a tendency to go flat when you go higher. A way to help this is, relax when you approach a higher note. Instead of thinking "omg here comes a high note I need to reach up higher", try thinking lower.
Also practice pitching by singing scales ^^
Hmm.. not much else to say. I think for you, you just have to keep on singing and practicing!

Overall Scores~
Tone Quality: 85%
Vocal Range: 85%
Emotion: 75%
Back to top Go down
Shiori
Rainbow
Rainbow
Shiori

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime16th May 2012, 21:44

cafelatte wrote:

Good tone, solid and mature voice. Try going for a bit more clarity though, your voice sounds rather muffled/restrained. Relax the tension in your neck and jaw muscles, don't be afraid to just let sound flow out. Your pitch also needs work, especially in the higher register, where you go off quite a bit.

Overall Scores~
Pitch/Tuning: 70%
Vocal Range: 75%
Emotion: 55%
Back to top Go down
Hyuriko
LTS Raindrop
LTS Raindrop
Hyuriko

Female Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2011-04-17

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime16th May 2012, 22:48

Name : Hyuriko
Song : Yang wang
Artist : Rainie yang

Hi ShioRi ^^ i give u a little bit of work ahaha ;)...I would like to have a notice too about my chinesse pronunciation ^^
Please be harsh ♥

Last edited by Hyuriko on 20th May 2012, 15:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lena
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
Lena

Female Number of posts : 444
Registration date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime16th May 2012, 23:41

shioЯi wrote:
Lena wrote:
Varsity/Tae-Ti-Seo

I like your voice, it's very solid and clear. However, you also have some minor pitching issues, similar to Melody's. You rarely truly go off tune, but there's a lot of parts where your pitch wavers.
You should also work on developing a more mature tone quality. However, that only comes with more practice, just keep singing -w-)b
Your high notes also sound very strained, and some of them hoarse/raspy.
Range and pitch can be practiced by singing scales, which you can do with a piano if you have one at home, or look up youtube vids of scales exercises :3

Overall Scores~
Pitch/Tuning: 80%
Harmonization/Ad-libbing: 70%
Vocal Range: 70%
Emotion: 50%

Thanks !!! I'll improve better and show you again next time :D keke saranghaee
Back to top Go down
cafelatte
Rising star
Rising star

Female Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-05-14

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime18th May 2012, 06:28

shioЯi wrote:
cafelatte wrote:

Good tone, solid and mature voice. Try going for a bit more clarity though, your voice sounds rather muffled/restrained. Relax the tension in your neck and jaw muscles, don't be afraid to just let sound flow out. Your pitch also needs work, especially in the higher register, where you go off quite a bit.

Overall Scores~
Pitch/Tuning: 70%
Vocal Range: 75%
Emotion: 55%

thanks, I will improve myself :)
Back to top Go down
cloudymelody
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
cloudymelody

Female Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2012-05-01

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime18th May 2012, 07:39

shioЯi wrote:
cloudymelody wrote:

You have a really clear voice, it's pretty :0
Like the others before you, pitching problems. You have a nice range and you can hit the higher notes relatively easily, but you do have a tendency to go flat when you go higher. A way to help this is, relax when you approach a higher note. Instead of thinking "omg here comes a high note I need to reach up higher", try thinking lower.
Also practice pitching by singing scales ^^
Hmm.. not much else to say. I think for you, you just have to keep on singing and practicing!

Overall Scores~
Vocal Range: 85%
Emotion: 75%

Thanks for the comments! I made an edited version of it yesterday.

Do tell me if it sounds better!
Back to top Go down
Stellaniou
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
Stellaniou

Female Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime25th May 2012, 15:39

Need your opinion :)

Song : The Chaser
Artist : Infinite

Last edited by Stellaniou on 25th May 2012, 22:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Rainbow
Rainbow
Ginger

Female Number of posts : 1745
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime25th May 2012, 16:46

Song: Summer Night Town
Artist: Coconuts Musume
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

Female Number of posts : 1116
Registration date : 2011-01-06

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime28th May 2012, 21:20

Song : 什么样的爱
Artist : Jolin Tsai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9VdP-4tYrE
Back to top Go down
jiroSHExfilesTATU
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
jiroSHExfilesTATU

Female Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime24th June 2012, 09:08

Song: Be My Baby
Artist: Wonder Girls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlXi1YMBX28
i see you still got 4 more persons to respond to but it's okay, i can wait, my dear... :D
Back to top Go down
Shiori
Rainbow
Rainbow
Shiori

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime26th June 2012, 01:12

Sorry for being away guys, I will start critiquing soon ><
Back to top Go down
TKhearonline
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
TKhearonline

Female Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime30th June 2012, 19:43

Hi! Can you please critique my cover? Thank you! Sorry for the bad recording quality.
https://youtu.be/bIX64OIsp6g
Back to top Go down
Alicia
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
Alicia

Female Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2011-10-29

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime30th June 2012, 19:56

Song : Volume Up
Artist : 4 Minute
Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yzJEd8coi4&feature=channel&list=UL
It's a duet cover with AmeliaaBoos . Yeah , She's my real life friend too . :)
I took Hyuna and Jiyoon's parts while AmeliaaBoos took Sohyun , Gayoon and Jihyun .
Incase you would like to see the lyrics , It's here :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique   [CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Shiori's Rawr Corner of Critique

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1