Light The Skies Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light The Skies Entertainment

LTS is a family of YT singers that aim to light the skies with their covers!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Find us at:
LTS 2nd Birthday
LTS All over the world!
Latest topics
» Admin: Lillie
Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime30th June 2014, 19:44 by saranghaekpop99

» Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime28th June 2014, 15:42 by DustbinHugger

» Free recording programs for PC (Besides Audacity)
Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime21st June 2014, 19:23 by TaYuMi

» Wonder Girls - Like This
Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime7th May 2014, 14:01 by DustbinHugger

» Miss A - Touch
Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime6th May 2014, 13:37 by DustbinHugger

» T-ARA - Number 9
Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime6th April 2014, 04:57 by JoYounJi

» [Completed][Japanese]NewS- Towa Iro no Koi
Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime3rd April 2014, 20:34 by LaurenLCD

» [CLOSED][MANDARIN] M4M - Sadness
Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime19th January 2014, 02:23 by cpaylet

» Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?
Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime14th January 2014, 06:17 by Alisha Amy-Jane

» [COMPLETED] [KOREAN] Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime10th January 2014, 12:40 by LaurenLCD

Avoiding Copyright on YouTube

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skye
Rainbow
Rainbow
Skye

Female Number of posts : 8658
Registration date : 2010-07-27

Avoiding Copyright on YouTube Empty
PostSubject: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime27th October 2011, 04:29

I'm sure all you coverists or any youtube video uploaders understand the annoyance of having your videos blocked. Generally they're only copyright infringements which do nothing but add advertisements to your videos, but when it gets any worse than that, it'll become troublesome.

To avoid getting copyright due to visuals there's some things you can do by modifying your video.
-Mirror the video
-black/white or sepia

But that won't help if the problem is the audio. If youtube is blocking your video due to "sound recording", no matter what you do to the visual part of your video the result won't change. In this case, it may be your instrumental that's causing the copyright.

The only solution is to
- Host it on a site other than youtube (like Veoh)
- Remove the instrumental and have your collab in acapella (which doesn't sound all that bad ^^)

Don't keep a video hosted on your channel if there's copyright that's worse than usual infringement. There's no exact way that I know of to avoid strikes... they pretty much come randomly to me but there are some solutions I thought of XD!

If anyone has any thoughts, ideas, or knowledge to add regarding this topic feel free to post ^^
Back to top Go down
jessyj
Rainbow
Rainbow
jessyj

Female Number of posts : 948
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime27th October 2011, 05:37

Hmm could try adding "I tried to sing" in the title of the video
- 歌ってみた (japanese)
- 翻唱 (chinese)
- 커버 or 펜커버 (korean)

so that it doesn't get removed by recording companies but it still really depends on what company it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime27th October 2011, 07:04

When you cut out borders for the videos, it sometimes avoids copyright as well. I think Changing colors is the main thing to avoid :P But using a picture or several video clips mixed together is always a good idea :)
Back to top Go down
Skye
Rainbow
Rainbow
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime27th October 2011, 13:46

I think our videos all start with [LTSEnt Collab] so it'd be crowded if we add "i tried to sing" too ):!
Back to top Go down
DustbinHugger
Rainbow
Rainbow
DustbinHugger

Female Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2011-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime27th October 2011, 14:04

I'm not sure if this works, but everytime I use an official instrumental or MV, I'll put the description in this format:

NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED. ALL CONTENT BELONGS TO ITS RIGHTFUL OWNERS. FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE DOWN.
==========================================================

-insert random long/short intro-

CAST:
-INSERT CAST-

Video & Audio Mixer: -INSERT MIXER-

As made possible by Lucky Twin Stars Entertainment, Join us for open collaborations (no auditions!) like this one: https://lighttheskies.forumotion.com

DISCLAIMER! I DO NOT OWN THE INSTRUMENTAL OR VIDEO! NEITHER DOES ANYONE IN THE CAST!
Instrumental Credits: -insertname-@YT
Video Credits: -insertname-@YT

Lyrics: -insert link-

DL: -insert link-

NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED. ALL CONTENT BELONGS TO ITS RIGHTFUL OWNERS. FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.
Back to top Go down
Skye
Rainbow
Rainbow
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime28th October 2011, 01:28

Kitkat had really strong reasoning as to why adding disclaimers doesn't change anything. I've added disclaimers to my videos tonnes of times but they still get copyrighted and one of my older accounts were suspended so disclaimers don't seem like they work.

I can ask kitkat to come and explain ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime28th October 2011, 02:34

Skye wrote:
Kitkat had really strong reasoning as to why adding disclaimers doesn't change anything. I've added disclaimers to my videos tonnes of times but they still get copyrighted and one of my older accounts were suspended so disclaimers don't seem like they work.

I can ask kitkat to come and explain ^^

Sounds good :)
Back to top Go down
Kitkat
LTS Raindrop
LTS Raindrop
Kitkat

Female Number of posts : 4753
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime29th October 2011, 13:18

I have to rewrite this once again, but it's not a waste.

Youtube policy is becoming more and more annoying but this have been about the same since ages already. Basics are unchanged, you cannot broadcast something you don't own. Most us, if not all, are coverists of something. Singers, dancers and instrumental coverists.

Could you believe possible to release a dance cover without a background music ?
This can't be, so we need to make a fair usage of others work. I'm pretty sure none of us makes money with our YT videos, so using some "others" compositions for a cover purpose is a fair usage as long as we name the original artist.

ID Matches.
Youtube tacitly allows this fair usage, but the price is a regulation when this happen. ID Matches are these regulations.

How work ID matches. They are not human hand driven. These are done by an internal system that YT implemented a while ago. During the proceeding time of your video, a sample of the audio track is extracted from a specific part of the file. This sample is used as data to feed another system, where all samples are compared to a huge folder of known works. This works like a finger print system, in police cases. If a similarity is detected, an ID match is applied to your video. So far ID matches are only the result of similarities but nothing more. Your video is not affected but YT add some advertisings on. The idea is if you are eventually abusing an ownership right, there is no reason YT can't gain more cash in your back. Advertises added to your video get more cash for YT's bank.

You can write whatever you want on your description, nothing will be read. This is a system, not human hand here.

ID matches are not dangerous for your channel. I've never observed an ID match transform over time in something more annoying.

Blocking videos.
This is a more serious annoyance. Since some times YT also have a similar strategy than the audio ID match, but now applied to graphic content. I still think most of this was initiate long time ago, and based on a daily catalog of "possible" new violations. This can happen when one complain have been sent, YT keep memory of this and block all other videos with a similar content. For example, a very popular fresh new MV.

Here YT is protective. The blockage comes from YT and not from the complain of the owner company. Blocking the video avoids you to get under the fire of the owner company.

A blocked video is not dangerous anymore, as it's not broadcast. You can delete the video yourself, or set it private if you want to keep your comments.
I have observed one case of blocked video, unblocked 6-8 months after. So, things can change over time.

Strike
This is the worse thing, but truly unavoidable.
If this happen, this is because a company have complained about YOUR channel before YT had time to react. You are in a serious situation here. Because YT is legally responsible of the ownership abuse. So the only solution is to take your video off and you get warned. It's the strike.

You may not know but YT don't need to have legal procedures with the whole world today. If what you see seems not fair, you may ignore that YT is also used to broadcast far more serious underground illegal videos. Less complain YT will get, better things will go in the future.

If your channel get a first strike. You're not in a great situation here. You've lost ability to broadcast unlisted videos. I advise you to open a backup channel and gently start to transfer your friend list and subscriber list. After some time, stop uploading on a "strike-ed" channel, and feed your new channel.

Hope this helps a bit.

Back to top Go down
Min
Rainbow
Rainbow
Min

Female Number of posts : 1409
Registration date : 2011-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime29th October 2011, 13:58

Kitty wrote:
I have to rewrite this once again, but it's not a waste.

Youtube policy is becoming more and more annoying but this have been about the same since ages already. Basics are unchanged, you cannot broadcast something you don't own. Most us, if not all, are coverists of something. Singers, dancers and instrumental coverists.

Could you believe possible to release a dance cover without a background music ?
This can't be, so we need to make a fair usage of others work. I'm pretty sure none of us makes money with our YT videos, so using some "others" compositions for a cover purpose is a fair usage as long as we name the original artist.

ID Matches.
Youtube tacitly allows this fair usage, but the price is a regulation when this happen. ID Matches are these regulations.

How work ID matches. They are not human hand driven. These are done by an internal system that YT implemented a while ago. During the proceeding time of your video, a sample of the audio track is extracted from a specific part of the file. This sample is used as data to feed another system, where all samples are compared to a huge folder of known works. This works like a finger print system, in police cases. If a similarity is detected, an ID match is applied to your video. So far ID matches are only the result of similarities but nothing more. Your video is not affected but YT add some advertisings on. The idea is if you are eventually abusing an ownership right, there is no reason YT can't gain more cash in your back. Advertises added to your video get more cash for YT's bank.

You can write whatever you want on your description, nothing will be read. This is a system, not human hand here.

ID matches are not dangerous for your channel. I've never observed an ID match transform over time in something more annoying.

Blocking videos.
This is a more serious annoyance. Since some times YT also have a similar strategy than the audio ID match, but now applied to graphic content. I still think most of this was initiate long time ago, and based on a daily catalog of "possible" new violations. This can happen when one complain have been sent, YT keep memory of this and block all other videos with a similar content. For example, a very popular fresh new MV.

Here YT is protective. The blockage comes from YT and not from the complain of the owner company. Blocking the video avoids you to get under the fire of the owner company.

A blocked video is not dangerous anymore, as it's not broadcast. You can delete the video yourself, or set it private if you want to keep your comments.
I have observed one case of blocked video, unblocked 6-8 months after. So, things can change over time.

Strike
This is the worse thing, but truly unavoidable.
If this happen, this is because a company have complained about YOUR channel before YT had time to react. You are in a serious situation here. Because YT is legally responsible of the ownership abuse. So the only solution is to take your video off and you get warned. It's the strike.

You may not know but YT don't need to have legal procedures with the whole world today. If what you see seems not fair, you may ignore that YT is also used to broadcast far more serious underground illegal videos. Less complain YT will get, better things will go in the future.

If your channel get a first strike. You're not in a great situation here. You've lost ability to broadcast unlisted videos. I advise you to open a backup channel and gently start to transfer your friend list and subscriber list. After some time, stop uploading on a "strike-ed" channel, and feed your new channel.

Hope this helps a bit.

How would you know if you got a strike?
Back to top Go down
Skye
Rainbow
Rainbow
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime29th October 2011, 19:56

Youtube will send you an email and if you go to account settings under manage account, if there's no strike it will say "your account is in good standing" if you have a strike it will list it there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime31st October 2011, 14:39

I just received my 2nd strike on Youtube from Sony Music.
YES, 2nd =.='

I've always been careful to put "utattemita" and other "i don't own this song" messages so I don't get strikes, and it has always worked with most agencies... But apparently it doesn't work with Sony.
Because I don't want to get a 3rd strike and lose everything,
I've decided to post my dubs on my Facebook fanpage instead:
https://www.facebook.com/xsakuraphie

And a warning to other dubbers:
While putting "utattemita" on H!P, Avex, etc stuff are fine, it won't work for Sony. If you want to avoid strikes, just don't post Sony stuff on Youtube :( Then you won't end up like me, running from a 3rd strike :P
Back to top Go down
Skye
Rainbow
Rainbow
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime31st October 2011, 23:24

What in particular belongs to sony?
Back to top Go down
JennyInTokyo
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
JennyInTokyo

Female Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime4th January 2012, 22:07

Im a little confused, before I did a cover of Ayumi Hamasaki's Marionette and YouTube blocked the video. I then checked the strike section of my youtube and it didn't say there was a strike. What does this mean? If YT has blocked this video does it count as a strike?
Back to top Go down
Kitkat
LTS Raindrop
LTS Raindrop
Kitkat

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime4th January 2012, 22:11

No Jenny, YT prevent you from a strike. Disabled the video before you get an official complain from the right owner. So you don't have a strike.

Strikes are only when the right owner complain about your channel.
Back to top Go down
JennyInTokyo
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
JennyInTokyo

Female Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime4th January 2012, 22:23

Thank God for that xD I dont want another channel getting deleted :P
So if my account status for Content ID and copyright sanctions are in "Good standing" there's no strikes so ther's nothing to worry about?
Back to top Go down
Kitkat
LTS Raindrop
LTS Raindrop
Kitkat

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime4th January 2012, 22:30

So far ID matches on your channel don't hurt. It's a different thing. You don't have to worry about, your channel is not endangered^^
Back to top Go down
xxlillie
LTS Admin
LTS Admin
xxlillie

Female Number of posts : 6708
Registration date : 2011-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 03:05

STUPID HIMSERVICE ARGHRHGKSFDGP!!!!!!!
Avoiding Copyright on YouTube 183727
Back to top Go down
xxlillie
LTS Admin
LTS Admin
xxlillie

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 03:26

xxlillie wrote:
=_____________________________________________________="

Avoiding Copyright on YouTube Fml11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 03:53

xxlillie wrote:

xxlillie wrote:

Why not use a live version or mix a live and MV together? c:
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

Female Number of posts : 1116
Registration date : 2011-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 03:57

xxlillie wrote:

xxlillie wrote:

D: If it's a musical problem, try making it acapella. ^^
Back to top Go down
xxlillie
LTS Admin
LTS Admin
xxlillie

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 04:27

Mi Young wrote:
xxlillie wrote:

xxlillie wrote:

Why not use a live version or mix a live and MV together? c:
HIMService doesn't hand out copyright notices for video - it's for audio
Back to top Go down
xxlillie
LTS Admin
LTS Admin
xxlillie

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 04:29

PiggyMelody wrote:
xxlillie wrote:

xxlillie wrote:

Hmm..i was thinking about that...making all my YT vids acapella but with a link to the full cover in the description..
:S I'm just deciding if I should move to a different channel or not..
Back to top Go down
Kitkat
LTS Raindrop
LTS Raindrop
Kitkat

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 05:44

Let's make a parody video to fool them ^____^

They suck, I'm aware^^

ranmahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 05:45

xxlillie wrote:
PiggyMelody wrote:
xxlillie wrote:

xxlillie wrote:

Hmm..i was thinking about that...making all my YT vids acapella but with a link to the full cover in the description..
:S I'm just deciding if I should move to a different channel or not..

I could try c: I could put it on my account if you'd like to see? Its never happened to me b4.
Back to top Go down
Skye
Rainbow
Rainbow
Skye

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 06:01

Lillie did your account receive a strike?DDD:!!! Audio sometimes can be fixed by uploading acapella...that's what I did with my "Don't touch my girl - boyfriend" collab and it worked. Sometimes if it's visual you just have to cover all TV/company watermarks or cut them off and add some crazy effect to make it look weird and add a border or something o:
Back to top Go down
Kitkat
LTS Raindrop
LTS Raindrop
Kitkat

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 06:04

True, the last HIMservice strike I got was on visual, not audio. Reuploaded the day after with my own composed visual, same audio track.
Back to top Go down
xxlillie
LTS Admin
LTS Admin
xxlillie

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 08:30

hey?
Avoiding Copyright on YouTube Screen98
Back to top Go down
PiggyMelody
Retired
Retired

Female Number of posts : 1116
Registration date : 2011-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime31st January 2012, 01:22

xxlillie wrote:
hey?

I think you have to get 3 strikes to get your account banned, so you can still upload videos (I think)
Back to top Go down
xxlillie
LTS Admin
LTS Admin
xxlillie

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime31st January 2012, 01:25

PiggyMelody wrote:
xxlillie wrote:
Avoiding Copyright on YouTube 302363

I think you have to get 3 strikes to get your account banned, so you can still upload videos (I think)
I know..it's just that I got 3 warnings from HIMService and the Zen Me Ban vid got striked 1 min later...
:\ Quickly deleted the other two to avoid the strikes...I'm still not sure if I can avoid them or not..If I hadn't been online and deleted the other 2 vis in time my account would've already been closed down T_T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avoiding Copyright on YouTube   Avoiding Copyright on YouTube I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avoiding Copyright on YouTube

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1