Light The Skies Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light The Skies Entertainment

LTS is a family of YT singers that aim to light the skies with their covers!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Find us at:
LTS 2nd Birthday
LTS All over the world!
Latest topics
» Admin: Lillie
Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_icon_minitime30th June 2014, 19:44 by saranghaekpop99

» Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_icon_minitime28th June 2014, 15:42 by DustbinHugger

» Free recording programs for PC (Besides Audacity)
Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_icon_minitime21st June 2014, 19:23 by TaYuMi

» Wonder Girls - Like This
Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_icon_minitime7th May 2014, 14:01 by DustbinHugger

» Miss A - Touch
Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_icon_minitime6th May 2014, 13:37 by DustbinHugger

» T-ARA - Number 9
Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_icon_minitime6th April 2014, 04:57 by JoYounJi

» [Completed][Japanese]NewS- Towa Iro no Koi
Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_icon_minitime3rd April 2014, 20:34 by LaurenLCD

» [CLOSED][MANDARIN] M4M - Sadness
Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_icon_minitime19th January 2014, 02:23 by cpaylet

» Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?
Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_icon_minitime14th January 2014, 06:17 by Alisha Amy-Jane

» [COMPLETED] [KOREAN] Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_icon_minitime10th January 2014, 12:40 by LaurenLCD

Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Plagiarism?
Yes
Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_vote_lcap33%Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
No
Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_vote_lcap0%Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Inspiration
Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_vote_lcap67%Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
xxlillie
LTS Admin
LTS Admin
xxlillie

Female Number of posts : 6708
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song Empty
PostSubject: Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song   Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_icon_minitime24th September 2011, 11:28

Viva Leehom. The American-born Chinese pop star took to Weibo (Chinese version of Twitter) and pulled the plug on his critics who claimed his latest single, Open Fire, is a rip-off of Blow - a song by US punk-popster Ke$ha.

"This is a personal attack on me," Leehom wrote. "It's an insult to my creativity. Those who said I'm a copycat couldn't even point out which part of my song is not original.

"Open Fire, a mind-numbing R&B dance-pop number - with amplified sing-song hooks, distorted vocals and defiant Auto-Tune slathered all over it, is part of his "Best Of" album, scheduled to hit the market on September 30 under the Sony Music banner.

Explaining his new studio material in details, the musically gifted singer/songwriter added, "I'm using the latest music software, production technique and sound mixing technique from the US.

"It's not a karaoke song. A karaoke song is easily copied, 'coz it sounds formulaic. Why isn't anyone calling karaoke-type songwriters plagiarists?"

Adrian Lim, the managing director of Sony Music Malaysia further attests to the statement. "When it's a good song, it will sound familiar. People will say they've heard it somewhere.

"I've known Leehom for many years. He's an amazing talent who takes pride in writing and producing his own songs."

Source: http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Showbiz/Story/A1Story20110921-300585.html
Back to top Go down
xxlillie
LTS Admin
LTS Admin
xxlillie

Female Number of posts : 6708
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song   Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song I_icon_minitime24th September 2011, 11:43

Imo, it's not plagiarism unless it is exactly the same.
The world is running out of original ideas. This is the 21st century. Everything's been done already and since there are only so many note combinations - creations are bound to overlap sooner or later.
Lee Hom changed the rhythm here so I deem it legit and not plagiarism, only inspiration.
Back to top Go down

Wang Lee Hom's new song accused of plagiarising of Ke$ha's song

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1