Light The Skies Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light The Skies Entertainment

LTS is a family of YT singers that aim to light the skies with their covers!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Find us at:
LTS 2nd Birthday
LTS All over the world!
Latest topics
» Admin: Lillie
Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime30th June 2014, 19:44 by saranghaekpop99

» Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime28th June 2014, 15:42 by DustbinHugger

» Free recording programs for PC (Besides Audacity)
Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime21st June 2014, 19:23 by TaYuMi

» Wonder Girls - Like This
Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime7th May 2014, 14:01 by DustbinHugger

» Miss A - Touch
Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime6th May 2014, 13:37 by DustbinHugger

» T-ARA - Number 9
Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime6th April 2014, 04:57 by JoYounJi

» [Completed][Japanese]NewS- Towa Iro no Koi
Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime3rd April 2014, 20:34 by LaurenLCD

» [CLOSED][MANDARIN] M4M - Sadness
Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime19th January 2014, 02:23 by cpaylet

» Name suggestions for a girly J-Culture magazine?
Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime14th January 2014, 06:17 by Alisha Amy-Jane

» [COMPLETED] [KOREAN] Super Junior - Sorry Sorry
Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime10th January 2014, 12:40 by LaurenLCD

Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alisha Amy-Jane
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
Alisha Amy-Jane

Female Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o   Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime9th September 2013, 12:01

I'm preparing to start studying English A-Levels as of next year. After that, I'll be taking a Degree in English Language at University, to become an English teacher in Japan. :3

This has been my plan for the future since I was 9 years old, and I'm really strongly working towards achieving that dream. xD

So, I was wondering how many other people plan on living in another country in the future, and what job they intend to do there ^3^
Back to top Go down
Jessica
LTS Co-Admin
LTS Co-Admin
Jessica

Female Number of posts : 1869
Registration date : 2011-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o   Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime9th September 2013, 13:07

I'm a Physiotherapist working in Singapore. I did once think of migrating to another country (like, Australia) to work but ultimately I think I'll end up staying in Singapore :/ I think I'll miss my family & country too much :)
Back to top Go down
Alisha Amy-Jane
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
Alisha Amy-Jane

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o   Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime9th September 2013, 15:04

Jessica wrote:
I'm a Physiotherapist working in Singapore. I did once think of migrating to another country (like, Australia) to work but ultimately I think I'll end up staying in Singapore :/ I think I'll miss my family & country too much :)
I sometimes worry that when it becomes time for me to move over there, I'll really start dreading having to leave everyone, too. But, hopefully I'll be able to do it without feeling too awful, because I can still come back to the UK during holidays, etc. xD
Back to top Go down
AnEternalChain
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
AnEternalChain

Female Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2013-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o   Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime10th September 2013, 02:41

OMG~ I wanted to move to Japan (childhood dream of every otaku?). But, honestly I just want to teach English in an Asian country (I've heard it's in demand there). But, I am not even high school, so I guess I don't need to worry yet. (; But on my list of countries to move to (or consider) are UK, USA (unlikely), Japan, Korea, China (for ESL purposes). <3
Back to top Go down
yukinaq
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
yukinaq

Female Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o   Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime10th September 2013, 02:51

omg this is a good question :o but I don't think the degree I'm working on right now will be needed in east Asian countries ;n; like you guys said I think working as an English teacher sounds good but I only know Chinese and limited Korean and Japanese (what am I talking about, I don't even have an English degree OTL) :/ and I'm not planning to move back to China anytime soon lol.. I do want to move to Korea though. Too bad I don't think they need any civil engineers..
Back to top Go down
TaYuMi
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
TaYuMi

Female Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o   Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime10th September 2013, 03:04

Japan would be nice to visit, but eh..I don't really want to move there and this is my opinion after learning a lot about the culture and such. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaL1UcX_Rkc
Shinkansen seems like a nice ride to be on~
I get a bit irritated when I see people going all: I LOVE JAPAN. IT'S THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD! I WANT TO MOVE THERE! Yet they don't really know anything....except what they know from anime/drama. I don't think they learned that animation=/=real life yet. ^^' As for dramas those exaggerate, like what a lot of shows here in the U.S does. At least research a bit before proclaiming your undying devotion to a country you weren't born in. This doesn't just go for Japan but other countries too, makes me want to shove an encyclopedia in their face.

I really like how efficient and convenient everything is in Japan though~ And the architecture is amazing! So much stuff in so little space. Japan is in fact the lead country in architecture that is like that, small space but having a lot of stuff. I'm a sucker for efficiency and convenience honestly. However, like all countries Japan does have it's downsides.

Anyway, I would like to move to a place like New Zealand or Canada, maybe even Norway. However, where I'm at I know there are places where I can get a lot of opportunities to perform and such. (I live near San Fran and LA and Hollywood is in the region I am..) Though there's downsides to just staying here. I would love to see different places around the world, especially my father's birth place in Italy. When I see pictures of beautiful old architecture I always feel at peace, such as the cobblestone looking roads and stone looking buildings in certain places in Italy. OR when I see places with a whole lot of nature, but not a house in the middle of the woods that just freaks me out.
Back to top Go down
xxlillie
LTS Admin
LTS Admin
xxlillie

Female Number of posts : 6708
Registration date : 2011-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o   Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime10th September 2013, 09:50

AnEternalChain wrote:
OMG~ I wanted to move to Japan (childhood dream of every otaku?). But, honestly I just want to teach English in an Asian country (I've heard it's in demand there). But, I am not even high school, so I guess I don't need to worry yet. (; But on my list of countries to move to (or consider) are UK, USA (unlikely), Japan, Korea, China (for ESL purposes). <3
Teaching English in Asian countries is very in demand.
I plan on teaching over there some time after I graduate :)
Back to top Go down
Alisha Amy-Jane
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
Alisha Amy-Jane

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o   Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime10th September 2013, 19:22

TaYuMi wrote:
I get a bit irritated when I see people going all: I LOVE JAPAN. IT'S THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD! I WANT TO MOVE THERE! Yet they don't really know anything....except what they know from anime/drama. 
It's funny you should say that, because I actually don't expect it to be the way anime/drama portrays it to be. Since I've already dedicated so much of my life towards wanting to live there, I have actually looked into what the country is actually like. I am prepared. xD I'm not so naive that I would move across the globe based on what a cartoon portrays. :P

English Literature and Language has always been my strong point at school, I started my exams in the subjects a lot earlier than most other people my age, and since Japan has a high demand for English teachers, and I want to become an English teacher, anyway, then why not do it in the country I love? :/

I know you're not purposely being rude, but it's a tad offensive xD
Back to top Go down
Alisha Amy-Jane
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
Alisha Amy-Jane

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o   Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime10th September 2013, 19:24

yukinaq wrote:
omg this is a good question :o but I don't think the degree I'm working on right now will be needed in east Asian countries ;n; like you guys said I think working as an English teacher sounds good but I only know Chinese and limited Korean and Japanese (what am I talking about, I don't even have an English degree OTL) :/ and I'm not planning to move back to China anytime soon lol.. I do want to move to Korea though. Too bad I don't think they need any civil engineers..
You never know! They might need them~ Don't give up on your dream. Or, you could always move there in the future once you've had a good career and such :3
Back to top Go down
phannie.
Rainbow
Rainbow
phannie.

Female Number of posts : 1589
Registration date : 2011-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o   Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime10th September 2013, 19:26

i don't have the patient to teach anything to anyone unfortunately.

sometime i wanna move to another country but at other times, i don't. it's just depends for me. plus with the degrees im working on, i don't think its necessary to move. however i would love to live in a different country for intern or go to school for a few semesters or so. LOL.

props to those who wanna teach.
Back to top Go down
Alisha Amy-Jane
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
Alisha Amy-Jane

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o   Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime10th September 2013, 19:28

phannie. wrote:
sometime i wanna move to another country but at other times, i don't. it's just depends for me. plus with the degrees im working on, i don't think its necessary to move. however i would love to live in a different country for intern or go to school for a few semesters or so. LOL.

props to those who wanna teach.
I considered doing a study transfer to go abroad for a year to see what it's like being away from my natural environment, but at the end, I realized I was probably a bit too young to try doing that just yet. Haha. ~~
Back to top Go down
TaYuMi
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
TaYuMi

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o   Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime10th September 2013, 22:51

Alisha Amy-Jane wrote:
TaYuMi wrote:
I get a bit irritated when I see people going all: I LOVE JAPAN. IT'S THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD! I WANT TO MOVE THERE! Yet they don't really know anything....except what they know from anime/drama. 
It's funny you should say that, because I actually don't expect it to be the way anime/drama portrays it to be. Since I've already dedicated so much of my life towards wanting to live there, I have actually looked into what the country is actually like. I am prepared. xD I'm not so naive that I would move across the globe based on what a cartoon portrays. :P

English Literature and Language has always been my strong point at school, I started my exams in the subjects a lot earlier than most other people my age, and since Japan has a high demand for English teachers, and I want to become an English teacher, anyway, then why not do it in the country I love? :/

I know you're not purposely being rude, but it's a tad offensive xD
When I posted I thought about the possible replies I may get. I tried looking at my post from a different point of view and realize someone out there may get offended. Though to me it doesn't seem all that offensive, unless someone actually does that for any country they want to go to basing it entirely on a cartoon.

Mostly trying to say that to prevent anyone from getting hopes up then having them get crushed. 

I probably should've put it into more detail. The whole "they don't really know anything" isn't just me from observing then making a wild guess, it's actually talking with people in numerous conversations on the subject. Then they get disappointed when I show them a classmate's video of their trip to Japan or a video of a ride on the Shinkansen, maybe even complain and from there it leads to a whole amount of things. 

I applaud you for actually researching~ Which will definitely lower the chances of you going and being miserable because it was not the way you pictured it (or blaming someone..)
Back to top Go down
AnEternalChain
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
AnEternalChain

Female Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2013-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o   Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime11th September 2013, 00:35

I kind of get what you mean~ I know a lot of people who ACTUALLY want to move to Japan based on anime/dramas/music. But, entertainment is, I think, a great way to know about another country. I wouldn't have known about Japan so early if not for anime. Obviously, you don't move to a country based on entertainment alone... So, I do think your comment is slightly offensive and not. Grey area perhaps? (:
Back to top Go down
TaYuMi
LTS Firefly
LTS Firefly
TaYuMi

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o   Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime11th September 2013, 05:23

AnEternalChain wrote:
I kind of get what you mean~ I know a lot of people who ACTUALLY want to move to Japan based on anime/dramas/music. But, entertainment is, I think, a great way to know about another country. I wouldn't have known about Japan so early if not for anime. Obviously, you don't move to a country based on entertainment alone... So, I do think your comment is slightly offensive and not. Grey area perhaps? (:
I think of entertainment as a stepping stone to a country. While researching it's history, culture, government, etc. as gates to the country.
It's not obvious for everyone to not go to a country based on entertainment alone. 
As for my comment being in the grey area, I agree with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o   Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else plan on moving to another country? ;o

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1